Rovinj Rovigno

Balbi's Arch

Where the Balbi’s Arch stands today, there used to be the main gate to the fortified city of Porton della Pescheria. The old gate was pulled down in 1678/79 and the Balbi's Arch was built in its place. It was built during the time of Mayor Daniel Balbi. The inscription written on a stone board placed on the arch bears witness to that fact.

 

Turistička zajednica grada Rovinja Rovigno
Pina Budicina 12
52210 Rovinj
Tel.: ++385/52/811-566
Tel.: ++385/52/813-469
Fax: ++385/52/816-007
tzgrovinj@tzgrovinj.hr

Copyright Turisitčka zajednica grada Rovinja 2001-2012. Sva prava pridržana. Mobile site

For Accomodation Owners Competitions, calls, notices
Video Rovigno
Panoramic walk
City map
Weather forecast
Currency converter